Updated: Sep 14
Did you know that in 2022 82% of internet traffic was video watching?
That a corporate/promotional video on your homepage business website can increase your sales by up to 80%?
In the New Era of Marketing, where businesses focus primarily on revenue (less on costs), the use of video as a sales promotion tool is more than necessary: it is a vital need.
The New Era of Marketing
The New Era of Marketing redefines marketing as "the ability to leverage the full potential of the business to provide the best possible customer experience and therefore, promote growth" (McKinsey).
Marketing departments have now turned from cost centers to revenue centers! Over the past decades, marketing has acquired a highly strategic function, increasingly focused on sales targets and responsible for generating revenue. Today it has the urgent need to fully exploit the potential of the data available to the business and offer the best experience to the customer and therefore stimulate growth.
Responsible for these important changes is the internet and the wealth of information it provides (analytics), through the data resulting from the decoding of the results of an advertising campaign.
In this New Era of Marketing, there are some features that data analytics and marketing technology are making hotter than ever, including:
1. Immediate response
Real-time (or near-real-time) analytics help understand customer behavior.
High competition and rapid developments in technology, create a plethora of choices for the consumer, bringing him to the center.
Data extraction and interpretation personalize customer profiles and lead to more effective campaigns (e.g. cross-selling).
4. Data accessibility
Accessibility to data from all departments of the business enables synergy and response to changes and improvements.
The importance of video in modern marketing
Nowadays, video is the most preferred means of entertainment for many people. In fact, online videos are now watched by more people than classic TV programs. In this context, 86% of businesses in the U.S. use video as a marketing tool, while its potential in our country is already rising rapidly.
But why is it so important to use video as a marketing tool?
1. Because video performs better than an image, is accompanied by sound, includes a "story" and is more "digestible", more fun and ultimately more attracting. Indeed: videos have 1,200% more shares on social media than images!
2. Because a video broadcasts on average 95% of its message, as opposed to a text that carries only 10%!
3. Because the cost-effectiveness ratio is amazing! The increase in sales can reach up to 80%, especially in tourism, catering or even retail businesses, while the average increase in sales in all businesses is estimated at 30%.
4. Because it is ideal for viewing in leisure time from mobile devices, where no one wants to read!
5. Because it is flexible, in the sense that it can be uploaded everywhere (corporate website, social media, blogs, email campaigns, television, internet ads, at trade shows, events, storefronts, etc.).
6. Because the interaction rate in incoming emails that include videos increases by 96%!
7. Because it raises 50 times the chance of finding your website on the first search page of Google!
8. Because video, as a means of digital marketing, can meet the requirements of the new era of marketing, with all its characteristics and as mentioned earlier.
In this day and age, video marketing is one of the best ways to connect with your audience, showcase your brand, products or services, leverage the statistical data it offers you, increase your sales, and build engaged customers: with the widespread use of social media across all walks of life and ages, this is something that no one can deny.
All you need to do now is call FilmPartner, to create your own, original, professional video, from the best on the market.